The Food and Feed Safety Division is responsible for licensing and inspections of permanent and mobile retail food establishments, wholesale food handlers, wholesale food processor manufacturers and food brokers. Please use the links below to find more information about each license type.
Some food businesses are excluded or exempt from licensing, including cottage food producers. Please visit food license exclusions and exemptions for more information.
If you want to open a new food business and don't know where to start, try the Food Licensing and Food Safety Wizard.
If you currently own a licensed food business and want to expand, remodel, or relocate your existing business, want to sell your existing business, or want to begin the licensing process, please call 651-201-6062 or email email@example.com.
Food License Types:
- Retail Food Handler (Seasonal Permanent Food Stand)
- Retail Mobile Food Handler (Mobile Food Unit, Seasonal Temporary Food Stand, Special Event Food Stand, Retail Food Vehicle/Portable Structure/Cart)
- New! Apply online for a Special Event Food Stand license
- Wholesale Food Handler
- Wholesale Food Processor/Manufacturer
- Food Broker
- Wholesale Food Processor/Manufacturer- USDA
- New! Food Licensing and Food Safety Wizard - the first step to starting a new food business