The AGRI Biofuels Infrastructure Grant Program is a competitive funding opportunity for Minnesota retail service stations to increase access to and sales of motor fuel blends containing at least 15% ethanol.
- Be a retail petroleum dispenser in Minnesota with no more than 10 retail petroleum dispensing sites (regardless of their location). Examples include retail service stations, convenience stations, and hypermarket fueling stations.
- Not be a fleet operator.
- Be the owner of the property or have the owners’ permission to pursue the proposed improvements to the premises.
We encourage stations owned, operated by, or serving Native American Tribal communities to apply.
- Replace or upgrade equipment that can’t be certified for E25.
- Promote the sale of motor fuel blends containing at least 15% ethanol.
- Document sales of motor fuel blends of E15 and higher during the grant period and beyond.
We expect to award $3.335 million through the AGRI Biofuels Infrastructure Grant.
- You can request between $5,000 and $199,000 for an individual project.
- This grant requires a cash match. You must commit at least 35% of the total project cost as a cash match.
Applications are due by 4 p.m. Central Time on Thursday, October 12, 2023.
- Carefully read the Request for Proposals (PDF) for detailed eligibility and requirements. You can also view the list of past projects or request a copy of an application to help you prepare.
- Apply online.
- If you are a new user, you will need to create an account.
- Once you are logged in, select “AGRI Biofuels Infrastructure Grant.”
Contact us if you need this information in an alternative format.