The AGRI Livestock Investment Grant encourages long-term industry development for Minnesota livestock farmers and ranchers by helping them improve, update, and modernize their livestock operation infrastructure and equipment.
Minnesota livestock farmers may apply. Applicants must be:
- in good standing with the state of Minnesota (no back taxes)
- a current Minnesota resident or a business entity that has authorization to farm in Minnesota
- the principal operator of the farm
NOTE: "Livestock" include beef cattle, dairy cattle, swine, poultry, goats, mules, bison, sheep, horses, farmed cervidae (deer), ratitae (flightless birds including emu), and llamas.
This grant program reimburses investments in:
- Buildings or facilities for the production of livestock or livestock products.
- Development of pasture for use by livestock including, but not limited to, lanes, watering systems, and fences.
- Equipment for livestock housing, confinement, feeding, and waste management.
The grant will not pay for livestock, buying pasture/crop land, animal feed, crop seed, planters, combines, or debt refinancing.
- We expect to award a total of $768,000 in Fiscal Year 2020.
- We reimburse 10 percent of the first $250,000 of an eligible investment.
- For each project, the maximum grant amount available per year is $25,000.
- Only one grant per project.
- The lifetime maximum is $50,000.
The application period is now open. All applications must be received by 4:00 p.m. CST on December 18, 2019.
Read the Request for Proposals for eligibility and requirements. If you need this information in an alternative format, please contact the program administrator.