The AGRI Livestock Investment Grant encourages long-term industry development for Minnesota livestock farmers and ranchers by helping them improve, update, and modernize their livestock operation infrastructure and equipment.
Minnesota livestock farmers may apply. Applicants must be:
- in good standing with the state of Minnesota (no back taxes)
- a current Minnesota resident or a business entity that has authorization to farm in Minnesota
- the principal operator of the farm
NOTE: "Livestock" include beef cattle, dairy cattle, swine, poultry, goats, mules, bison, sheep, horses, farmed cervidae (deer), ratitae (flightless birds including emu), and llamas.
This grant program reimburses investments in:
- Buildings or facilities for the production of livestock or livestock products.
- Development of pasture for use by livestock including, but not limited to, lanes, watering systems, and fences.
- Equipment for livestock housing, confinement, feeding, and waste management.
All project materials and services must be purchased AND paid between January 1, 2021 and December 31, 2022. Any expenses incurred outside this time frame are not eligible for reimbursement.
The grant will NOT pay for livestock, buying pasture/crop land, animal feed, crop seed, planters, combines, or debt refinancing.
- We expect to award a total of $789,000 in Fiscal Year 2021.
- We reimburse 10 percent of the first $250,000 of an eligible investment.
- For each project, the maximum grant amount available per year is $25,000.
- Only one grant per project.
- The lifetime maximum is $50,000.
The application period is now open. All applications must be received by 4:00 p.m. Central Time on Wednesday, November 4, 2020.
Read the Request for Proposals (PDF) for eligibility and requirements. If you need this information in an alternative format, please contact the program administrator.