The MDA is committed to making its web site accessible to everyone. As part of that commitment, the MDA will make every effort to adhere to the State of Minnesota Electronic and Information Technology Accessibility guidelines when adding new material to the web site.
We have a large number of documents in Adobe® Acrobat® Portable Document Format (PDF). PDF format is used to preserve the content and layout of our hard copy publications. Publications in PDF can only be viewed and printed using the Adobe Acrobat Reader™, version 4.0 or higher. You can download and get help using the Acrobat Reader at the Adobe Systems, Inc. site which is available at NO CHARGE from Adobe. PDF publications posted after October 1, 2010 should be accessible via screen readers and other accessibility tools. Some pre-September 2010 information may not be yet be available in accessible formats. Adobe also has online tools that will convert PDF files to HTML on request. To get the accessibility plug-in and latest news about Adobe's accessibility tools and services, visit the Access Adobe site.
Note: The MDA website may contain links to non-MDA publications and web pages on external websites. We have no control of the content or accessibility of that content. Links are provided as a service to provide you with additional information when available or applicable.
If you have a problem accessing content, please use the report accessibility issues comment form to let us know.
The MDA is responsible for the enforcement and compliance of various state laws. This requires the collection of company data, and, in some cases, personal information. The MDA will protect the collected information pursuant to the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act (MGDPA), Minnesota Statutes, Chapter 13.
We will collect and store non-personal information (i.e., the domain from which you access the Internet; the date and time you access our site; the Internet address of the web site from which you linked to our site; and the information you view while visiting our web site) for internal statistical purposes. We may also collect personal information such as a home address, home phone number, or personal email address that you provide via email or on a request for information, registration, feedback or comment form. This information is necessary to respond to and provide the level of service your requested. We will not disclose, sell or transfer any personal information to any third party unless required by law or authorized by you to do so.
Under the MGDPA you have a right to challenge the accuracy of any personal data made available for public viewing on any MDA web site. If you disagree with the accuracy of personal information, please contact the MDA Data Practices Manager at 651-201-6698 or in writing at: Minnesota Department of Agriculture, Attn: Data Practices and Records Management, Pesticide & Fertilizer Management Division, 625 Robert St. N, St. Paul, MN 55155-2538.
Acceptance of Contract Terms
By accessing, browsing and/or using this site ("Site"), you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by these terms and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. If you do not agree to these terms, do not use this Site. The material provided on this Site is protected by law, including, but not limited to, United States Copyright Law and international treaties. This Site is controlled and operated by the Minnesota Department of Agriculture (MDA) from its offices within the United States. MDA makes no representation that materials in the Site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their content are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this Site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. Any claim relating to, and the use of, this Site and materials contained here in is governed by the laws of the state of Minnesota.
Limitation of Liability
Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall MDA be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages, including, but not limited to, loss of data or profit, arising out of the use, or the inability to use, the materials on this site, even if MDA or an MDA-representative has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
All personal data provided to MDA through its web site will be handled in accordance with MDA's Online Privacy Practices. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from this Site any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane material, or any other material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under the law. Unauthorized attempts to upload or change information on this site are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under applicable Federal and/or State law.
Links to web sites outside Minnesota state government or the use of trade, firm, or corporation names within this Site are for the convenience of the user. Such links and use do not constitute an express or implied official endorsement or approval by the Minnesota Department of Agriculture of any private sector web site, or of the products or services of specifically identified companies or private entities that may have contributed to this "Site."
Term of Use Revisions
Links to Third Party/Other Sites
Links to third parties are provided throughout this web site. These links are provided solely for additional information as a service to our customers. The appearance of a link on any page does not constitute an endorsement, recommendation or certification by MDA, nor should the presence of a link in any way be construed as a suggestion that the site has any relationship with MDA. Such sites are not under the control of MDA, and MDA is not responsible for the content, advertising, products, services or any views that might be expressed or referenced in a third party web site, including without limitation any link contained in a third party site, or any changes or updates to a third party site. Under no circumstances shall MDA be held responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any loss or damages caused or alleged to have been caused by use of or reliance on any content, goods or services available on such sites, or as a result of use of any information you provide to such sites. Once you leave MDA’s web site and link to an external site, the MDA Internet policies no longer apply and you will be subject to the new site's policies. MDA, in its sole discretion, will determine whether the external link meets the purpose of this web site for the specified informational purposes.
MDA may provide text-only links to the following:
- Other Governmental Units & Educational Institutions - MDA provides links to other federal, state, and local governmental units that provide additional services and information that users of the MDA site may find of interest. Links may also be provided to educational institutions including K-12 school districts, intermediate school districts (ISDs), community colleges, and universities. In order to maintain the integrity and usability of the site, we retain the right to remove, edit, or reject all hyperlinks, at our sole discretion, at any time without notice.
- Non-Profit Organizations - MDA provides links to non-profit organizations that users of MDA’s site may find of interest. The determination of whether to establish links to non-profit organizations is made on a case-by-case basis. In order to maintain the integrity and usability of the site, we retain the right to remove, edit, or reject all hyperlinks, at our sole discretion, at any time without notice.
- Commercial/For-Profit Web Sites - MDA provides links to commercial/for-profit web sites if these sites provide useful and valuable information to users of the MDA web site, or where the linked external web site is required or authorized by law. The determination of whether to establish links to a commercial/for-profit web site is made on a case-by-case basis. Advertising, including banner ads, logos, buttons or referral devices of any kind, will not be allowed on the MDA web site. In order to maintain the integrity and usability of the site, we retain the right to remove, edit, or reject all hyperlinks, at our sole discretion, at any time without notice.
Linking to the Minnesota Department of Agriculture
Linking to the Minnesota Department of Agriculture web site is permitted under the following limited conditions:
- If you link to this site, you may not portray any person or subject in a false or misleading light.
- You may not imply that the Minnesota Department of Agriculture is endorsing your product or services.
- Any link to the MDA site should be a full forward link that passes the client browser to MDA unencumbered. The Back button should return the visitor to the MDA site if the visitor wishes to back out.
- You may not create frames around MDA web pages or use other techniques that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of pages on MDA’s web site.
- It is recommended that you link to our homepage or main section pages. Links to any page other than the MDA home page (www.mda.state.mn.us) must be verified regularly. MDA reserves the right to change, rename, move or delete any page in the MDA web site at any time without notice.
MDA reserves the right to change this linking policy at any time. Changes will be posted on this page.