Retail mobile food handlers sell food directly to the end consumer from temporary stands or mobile locations. Prior to commencing operation you will need to work with your inspector to ensure that the mobile unit meets the Minnesota Food Code requirements so that food is stored, prepared and held in a safe manner. There are several different types of retail mobile operations that have different licensing and regulatory requirements. Your inspector will help you obtain the type of license that best suits your needs. The licensing period for all Retail Mobile Food Handler licenses are from April 1st to March 31st the following year. 

Retail Mobile Food Handler Types

Retail mobile stands are inspected by the Retail Food Program within the Food and Feed Safety Division. Some stands are also inspected and regulated by local public health agencies and the Minnesota Department of Health. If you operate solely within one of the following jurisdictions, please contact the delegated agency assigned to that area (see below).