Accused of Drift?

If you, your company or employees are accused of pesticide drift, state law authorizes the MDA to enforce violations and financial penalties. After an investigation ends, you will be notified in writing. Payment is due within 30 days of notification. The MDA strives to be fair and impartial. We work with firms that demonstrate financial hardship. You can dispute a violation and obtain a copy of the original complaint after a case is closed. Enforcement actions may be published.

We also offer Compliance Assistance Visits. You can request that an MDA Agricultural Chemical Inspector (ACI) visit your site in order to discuss pesticide regulations or help determine if operational changes are needed for compliance. Inspectors help educate pesticide applicators, dealers, farmers and ag workers about how to perform work safely. Contact your local ACI or the Pesticide & Fertilizer Management Division (PFMD) for more information 651-201-6333.

Drifted On?

When drift or adverse pesticide exposure occurs, handle medical emergencies first and call 911. To report pesticide drift call the Minnesota Duty Officer, 800-422-0798, day or night, 7 days per week. The MDA Complaint Line, 651-201-6333, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. or file a complaint online. Please know that the MDA does not seek compensation on behalf of parties or entities. We do answer questions, investigate formal complaints, visit sites, review documents and enforce regulations.