Agricultural Chemical Investigators
Agricultural Chemical Investigators (ACIs) visit farms, nurseries, greenhouses, co-ops, bulk storage facilities and routinely check for:
- Working and safe condition of pesticide application equipment
- Evidence of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Adherence to product label specifications
- Evidence of agricultural chemical application records
- Environmental site compliance
- Adequate personal protective equipment (PPE) for workers
- Records of safety training and an updated Incident Response Plan
A team of statewide inspectors is available to conduct routine inspections and enforcement checks, provide compliance assistance and investigate agricultural chemical use complaints. Our division is responsible for addressing health and environmental risks from pesticide use, injury or damage. We are here to assist you with compliance.
Inspectors help educate pesticide applicators, dealers, farmers and ag workers about how to perform work safely. You can request a Compliance Assistance Visit with an MDA inspector in your region.