The AgBMP Loan Program holds seven annual workshops to assists lenders and local governments in working with the program. The workshops are intended to provide an overview of the program and to assist current and potential participants in answering questions related to their involvement with the program. The workshops cover a variety of issues in four main sections:
Program Introduction and Status Report - A brief introduction to the program with an overview of recent activity.
Program Summary and Local Government Issues - An overview of the basics of the program as well as specific guidance for local governments.
Lender Issues - An overview of the program from the lending perspective. This section also acts as a guide for new lenders who would like to learn more about participating in the program.
Completing the Annual Application Form - A guide to completing the annual application form for local governments. This presentation covers any new changes to the application process as well as the basic requirements.
Funding review for 2020- A review of what funding is currently available and what is planned to be
Workshop Details for training's starting in fall of 2019
The AgBMP Loan Program will have six training workshops, starting in November and continuing into January. This year, these training sessions will also offer a review of the other Minnesota Department of Agriculture Loan Programs that are offered by the Rural Finance Authority, and a brief overview of the Livestock Investment Grant. The meetings dates and locations are listed below.
- November 21st in Redwood Falls City Library: 509 South Lincoln Street, Redwood Falls MN 56283
- November 25th St. Cloud: Stearns County Soil and Water Conservation District Office: 110 Second Street South, Wait Park, MN 56387
- November 26th Grand Rapids: Grand Rapids Area Library: 140 NE 2nd Street, Grand Rapids, MN 55744
- December 2nd in Oronoco: Peoples Energy Cooperative, East Entrance #2, 1775 Lake Shady Avenue South, Oronoco MN 55960
- December 3rd in Fergus Falls: Otter Tail County Government Service Center: 520 Fir Ave West, Fergus Falls, MN 56537
- December 4th Thief River Falls: Pennington County Joint Operations Facility: 250 125th Ave NE Thief River Falls, MN 56701
- January 8th St. Paul also webcasted: Minnesota Department of Agriculture, Room B555 - Orville Freeman Building, 625 North Robert Street, Saint Paul, MN 55155. This live meeting will also be broadcasted as a webinar meeting. The web-ex meeting information will be sent out in our January 2018 newsletter. Individuals are invited to attend in person.
- There is no fee for attendance
- All are welcome to attend
- Questions are encouraged and the topics are flexible
- You may RSVP by phone or email to the address at the bottom of the page - an RSVP is not required to attend.
- 9:00 to 9:30 - Refreshments and Individual Questions
- 9:30 to 12:00 - Formal Presentations