The AgBMP Loan Program holds six annual workshops to assists lenders and local governments in working with the program. The workshops are intended to provide an overview of the program and to assist current and potential participants in answering questions related to their involvement with the program. The workshops cover a variety of issues in four main sections:
Program Introduction and Status Report - A brief introduction to the program with an overview of recent activity.
Program Summary and Local Government Issues - An overview of the basics of the program as well as specific guidance for local governments.
Lender Issues - An overview of the program from the lending perspective. This section also acts a a guide for new lenders who would like to learn more about participating in the program.
Completing the Annual Application Form - A guide to completing the annual application form for local governments. This presentation covers any new changes to the application process as well as the basic requirements.
Handouts from the most recent workshop are available under "Reports, publications & fact sheets" section of this page.
The AgBMP Loan Program will have six training workshops, starting in November and continuing into January. This year, these training sessions will also offer a review of the other Minnesota Department of Agriculture Loan Programs that are offered by the Rural Finance Authority, and a brief overview of the Livestock Investment Grant. The meetings dates and locations are listed below.
- November 15th in Redwood Falls City Library: 509 South Lincoln Street, Redwood Falls MN 56283)
- November 20st in Oronoco:(Peoples Energy Cooperative, East Entrance #2, 1775 Lake Shady Avenue South, Oronoco MN 55960)
- November 27th in Detroit Lakes: (Becker Soil and Water Conservation District 809 Eighth Street SE, Detroit Lakes, MN 56501)
- November 28th St. Cloud: (Stearns County Soil and Water Conservation District Office 110 Second Street South, Wait Park, MN 56387)
- December 11th Duluth: (St. Louis Soil and Water Conservation District Room 302 - Old Central High School, 215 North First Avenue East, Duluth, MN 55805)
- January 7th St. Paul also webcasted: (Minnesota Department of Agriculture, Room B555 - Orville Freeman Building, 625 North Robert Street, Saint Paul, MN 55155) This live meeting will also be broadcasted as a webinar meeting. The web-ex meeting information will be sent out in our January 2018 newsletter. Individuals are invited to attend in person.
- There is no fee for attendance
- All are welcome to attend
- Questions are encouraged and the topics are flexible
- You may RSVP by phone or email to the address at the bottom of the page - an RSVP is not required to attend.
- 9:00 to 9:30 - Refreshments and Individual Questions
- 9:30 to 12:00 - Formal Presentations