The AgBMP Loan Program conducts annual workshops to help lenders and local governments work with the program. These workshops are intended to provide an overview of the program and answer participant questions. The workshops cover a variety of issues in four main sections:
Program Introduction and Status Report - A brief introduction to the program with an overview of recent activity.
Program Summary and Local Government Issues - An overview of the basics of the program as well as specific guidance for local governments.
Lender Issues - An overview of the program from the lending perspective. This section also acts as a guide for new lenders who would like to learn more about participating in the program.
Completing the Annual Application Form - A guide to completing the annual application form for local governments. This presentation covers any new changes to the application process as well as the basic requirements.
Funding review for 2020 - A review of current and potential funding.
2019 Fall Workshop Details
Seven AgBMP Loan Program workshops will be held in November and January. These workshops will also offer a review of other MDA loan programs that are offered by the Rural Finance Authority as well as a brief overview of the Livestock Investment Grant:
- November 21, Redwood Falls City Library, 509 South Lincoln Street, Redwood Falls, MN 56283
- November 25, Stearns County Soil and Water Conservation District Office, 110 Second Street South, Wait Park, MN 56387
- November 26, Grand Rapids Area Library, 140 NE 2nd Street, Grand Rapids, MN 55744
- December 2, Peoples Energy Cooperative, East Entrance #2, 1775 Lake Shady Avenue South, Oronoco, MN 55960
- December 4, Pennington County Joint Operations Facility: 250 125th Ave NE, Thief River Falls, MN 56701
- December 5, Fergus Falls Public Library, 205 E. Hampden Ave, Fergus Falls MN 56537
- January 8, Minnesota Department of Agriculture, Room B555, Orville Freeman Building, 625 North Robert Street, Saint Paul, MN 55155. This meeting will also be presented as an online webinar. Webinar details will be included in our January 2020 newsletter.
- All are welcome to attend.
- Questions are encouraged and the topics are flexible.
- You may RSVP by phone or email to the contact on this page - an RSVP is not required to attend.
- 9:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. - Refreshments and Individual Questions
- 9:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. - Formal Presentations