The Agricultural Fertilizer Research and Education Council (AFREC) is requesting proposals for an AFREC Research and Outreach Coordinator.
The Minnesota Legislature established the AFREC to direct a fertilizer research and outreach program and established the funding mechanism for the program (Minnesota Statute 18C.70 and 18C.71). A maximum of $25,000 has been set aside for the Research and Outreach Coordinator position for a June 1, 2021 through March 31, 2022 duration. Only one award will be made for the Research and Outreach Coordinator position.
Any organization, research entity, individual, or business with the desired skills listed in this RFP is eligible to apply and receive funding. This includes farmers/farmer networks, institutions of higher education, research institutions, nonprofit organizations, agricultural cooperatives, and agricultural businesses with research capabilities.
Minimum desired skills for Research and Outreach Coordinator:
- Advanced experience in facilitating discussions and fostering coordination, new ideas, and meaningful partnerships across diverse audiences which comprise the AFREC Council membership, research coordinators from commodity programs, leadership and researchers from the University of Minnesota, and other research organizations;
- Ability to assist the Council in the development and implementation of long-term research goals without undermining the responsibilities of the Council itself;
- Experience working with agricultural issues and audiences;
- Advanced experience in agricultural soil fertility research, status of developing technology, current practices of Minnesota producers, sound understanding of current dealership recommendations and beliefs, etc.;
- Advanced understanding of grant writing, work plan development and budgeting associated with soil fertility research and education projects; and
- Facilitate coordination between multiple principal investigators when objectives are similar.
To request a copy of the RFP, application, and supporting documents contact:
Questions must be submitted via email to Margaret.Wagner@state.mn.us by 4:00 p.m Central Time, on February 17, 2021. Answers will be sent via email and shared with everyone that requested the RFP.
Questions should not be submitted through other means. MDA employees are not authorized to provide advice on any applications. Applicants who solicit or receive advice from unauthorized MDA employees may be disqualified from eligibility for a grant award.
Submission of Proposal Deadline
Email applications and supporting documents to the RFP to Margaret.Wagner@state.mn.us no later than 3:00 p.m. February 22, 2021 Central Time. Late proposals will not be considered. Respondents will receive an email confirmation of receipt.
This request does not obligate the State to award or complete the work contemplated in this notice. The State reserves the right to cancel this RFP if it is considered to be in its best interest. All expenses incurred in responding to this notice are solely the responsibility of the responders.