ATTENTION - 2024 SEASON UPDATE! ALL market managers (new and existing) MUST take the FMNP training this year due to modernization changes.
Sign up for a training session now! For Microsoft Teams virtual trainings: we will email you the meeting information by noon the day before the training takes place. Please note that you can join a Microsoft teams meeting for free and do not need to create an account. You can also call into the meeting if you do not have access to a smart phone or computer. Pre-registration for training is required by 5:00pm the day before the scheduled session.
If you are interested in one of our staff attending a market meeting to conduct a training please reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you looking for a way to reach new customers and help your vendors increase sales?
Farmers provide the fresh, unprocessed, locally grown fruits, vegetables, and herbs that are at the core of both the Senior Farmers' Market Nutrition Program (SFMNP) and Women, Infants & Children (WIC) Farmers' Market Nutrition Program (FMNP) (together known as S/FMNP). At the same time, S/FMNP participants learn about farmers' markets and how to buy fresh products from local farmers.
As a market manager, you are a key player for S/FMNP. You provide guidance to your market’s Authorized Vendors and assistance to program participants during their time at your market.
Requirements for Farmers' Markets
To be eligible to become an Authorized Farmers' Market, your market must have:
- Established days and hours of operation at established site(s).
- A minimum of three Authorized S/FMNP Vendors and the guaranteed presence of at least one Authorized Vendor during posted hours of operation.
- A designated contact (market manager or member) that attends an S/FMNP vendor training session and agrees to assist in program compliance.
- Established market rules or by-laws that contain, at minimum:
- Membership fees, a dues structure, or some other revenue source
- A method to establish and enforce market rules and operating procedures
- A process to amend market by-laws and rules
- No fee for members to participate in S/FMNP.
- At least one successful summer of operation prior to authorization.
- A location near an S/FMNP distribution site.
Contact us to see if your market is eligible to become an Authorized Market for the upcoming season.
In late February, we will email an invitation to renew your authorization online. If you were an Authorized Farmers' Market last year and have not received your renewal invitation by mid March, please contact us.