Do you have general questions, other than "am I essential?", about food and agriculture in Minnesota during the COVID-19 pandemic? Email the MDA at: email@example.com
Questions about Essential Businesses and Critical Workers:
- Information about "essential businesses" can be found at the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development (DEED) website. If you do not find the information you are looking for, you can find a form at the bottom of the page to submit a question.
- Information about the Stay at Home Order and guidance on who qualifies as a “critical service worker” can be found at the DEED website.
Food and Beverages
For Food Makers and Food Establishments:
- Food Establishment and Cottage Food Producer Guidance
- Best Practices for Grocery Store Employees
- UPDATED Food Safety for Delivery and Pick-up Services
- UPDATED Frequently Asked Questions about Executive Order 20-04: Providing for the Temporary Closure of Bars, Restaurants, and Other Places of Public Accommodation
- Guidance for Small Minnesota Meat Plants
- UPDATED The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) guidance on the production of alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- The Minnesota Board of Pharmacy has created a FAQ document with information related to outsourcing facilities compounding and selling hand sanitizer.
Farmers and Ranchers
Stress and Financial Help:
- Visit the Minnesota Farm and Rural Helpline website for more information and resources
- Reach out to one of Minnesota's Farm Advocates who can provide one-on-one assistance for farmers who face crisis
The MDA is working with the Minnesota Grocers Association to find opportunities for Minnesota farmers who have lost direct markets to restaurants and vendors that are not currently open.
If your market has been lost due to COVID-19 closures, please take this survey.
The Minnesota Board of Animal Health has a website dedicated to information regarding livestock and companion animals and COVID-19.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has developed a list of disinfectants approved for use against COVID-19.