Thank You Applicants!
We are thankful for the many applications that came into the Emerging Farmer Office during the open call for new members. We have chosen a group of ten people who we look forward to introducing at the November 18 Emerging Farmer Working Group meeting. For those who applied and were not chosen, please stay engaged with this group. Join our meetings as a guest where we are open to public comment, reference information at this web page and sign up to receive the EFWG quarterly Newsletter.
History and Purpose
The Emerging Farmers' Working Group was created in the 2020 Legislative Session.
The purpose of the working group is:
"To advise the commissioner and legislature regarding the development and implementation of programs and initiatives that support emerging farmers in this state, the commissioner must periodically convene a working group consisting, to the extent possible, of persons who are, and organizations that represent, farmers or aspiring farmers who are women, veterans, persons with disabilities, American Indian or Alaskan Natives, members of a community of color, young, and urban, and any other emerging farmers as determined by the commissioner. No later than January 15 each year, the commissioner must update the chairs and ranking minority members of the legislative committees and divisions with jurisdiction over agriculture regarding the working group's activities and recommendations.”
- Ngozi Akubuike, Ramsey County
- Hannah Bernhardt, Pine County
- Nikki Crowe, St. Louis County
- Alexandra Diemer, Hennenpin County
- Ben Dossman, Hennepin County
- Mark Gutierrez, Ramsey County
- Kyle Huneke, Goodhue County
- Kelsey Love-Zaavedra, Chisago County
- Murugi Mutiga, Washington County
- Caliton Ntahompagaze, Clay County
- Ian Oundo, Anoka County
- Lisa Schultz, Olmstead County
- Celeste VerHelst, Hennepin County
- Jane Windsperger, Kanabec County
- Shelly Woods, Sibley County
Facilitator: Michael Birchard, email@example.com
Schedule (All virtual meetings through Microsoft Teams)
ALL meetings will begin at 1:00 pm and adjourn at 3:00 pm.