Our Minnesota Pavilions program offers financial, promotional, and logistical support to small-to-medium sized Minnesota food and beverage companies who want to exhibit with us at select business-to-business (B2B) wholesale tradeshows. Partnering with us and other Minnesota companies can help you stand out at these crowded events and improve your return on investment.
Events with Minnesota Pavilions
In 2020, we scheduled Minnesota Pavilions at five domestic events. Organizers canceled four of the events due to COVID-19. We are tentatively planning the same events starting in September 2021 (see schedule below).
Important: For each event, prospective exhibitors are required to sign their own “Exhibitor Space Contract” with the event organizer. Before you sign, you should carefully read the contract terms, conditions, and cancellation policies.
In 2021-2022, Minnesota Pavilions are tentatively scheduled at these tradeshows:
- BrewExpo America, September 10-12, 2021, Denver CO (Craft Beer and Brewing Ingredients/Taproom and Bar Snacks)
- Winter Fancy Food Show, January 2022, San Francisco CA (Specialty/Gourmet Retail Products)
- Natural Products Expo West, March 2022, Anaheim CA (Natural/Clean Label/Regenerative/Organic Products)
- National Restaurant Association Show, May 2022, Chicago IL (Foodservice/Institutional Products)
- Sweets and Snacks Expo, May 2022, Chicago IL (Confections and Snacks/C-Store Products)
How to Apply
We allocate Minnesota Pavilion space on a first-come, first-served basis (returning companies get priority).
Registration processes are unique to each event on our 2021-2022 calendar. For some events listed, applicants will pay the show organizer retail pricing for booth space, then apply to our cost-share program for reimbursement (to receive discounted booth space).
Contact Brian Erickson for more details, including space available, cost, and signup process for each event.
Walk the Floor Mentorship
Our Walk the Floor Mentorship provides support for founders of Minnesota-registered food and beverage company startups to attend a national tradeshow with a Minnesota Pavilion and learn from current exhibitors, without the cost of exhibiting.
- Reimbursement of up to 50% of eligible expenses (one time per company; maximum $500)
- Team Minnesota communications to help you prepare for the show
- A match with a host company in the Minnesota Pavilion to learn about tradeshow preparation and execution
- Time to walk around the tradeshow, assess competitive products, and attend education sessions and other tradeshow-related events
NOTE: Reimbursements for the mentorship program count toward your annual New Markets Cost-Share Program annual limits.
How to Apply
Contact Brian Erickson for more details and to get a mentorship agreement form. You must have a signed agreement in place before the show begins.
- Airfare, or if driving, mileage at $.50/mile
- Lodging (hotel, home rental, etc.)
- Car rental
- Show badge (if not provided)
- Onsite business education sessions