During this stop, you might:
- Meet with your banker to discuss financing.
- Research other grant and loan opportunities.
And work with:
- Local economic development agencies and municipalities
- Banks and financial institutions
- State economic development agencies
- Funding and grant organizations and agencies
Learn the Basics of Funding
- Financing Training Modules (Small Business Association)
- How to Find Funding (99designs)
- New Funding Sources for Food-Related Businesses (PDF, Michigan State University)
- Food Startup Resources & Funding Lists (RealFoodMBA)
- Slow Money MN
- Exporting and International Trade (MDA, Minnesota Department of Agriculture)
- Export Financing (Minnesota Trade Office)
- Branded Program (Food Export Association of the Midwest)
- U.S. Commercial Service
Grants and Loans
- Emerging Markets Program (Compeer)
- Farm Opportunity Loan (MDA)
- Good Food Access Grant (MDA)
- AGRI Value-Added Grant (MDA)
- Business Loan Basics (Minnesota Department of Employment & Economic Development)
- USDA Microloan Program (USDA, U.S. Department of Agriculture)
- Value-Added Producer Grants (USDA)
- 301 Inc.
- Sprint/Dairy Farmers of America Accelerator
- Land O’ Lakes Dairy Accelerator
- Red Wing Ignite
- Techstars Farm-to-Fork Accelerator
Resources listed do not constitute the MDA’s endorsement of a service, program, or organization. The MDA accepts no liability for the content of these resources.