- Follow manufacturer's installation, maintenance, and operation recommendations/specifications.
"Musts" for Double Swivel Brackets and Flat Bar:
- Swivel brackets: Install bushings in both swivel bracket bolted connections to allow break-away (BA) coupler to move freely - generally 80 degrees side-to-side and 30 degrees up and down.
"Musts" for Flat Mounting Bar (Flat Bar) and Double Swivel Brackets:
- Two bolted connections between the flat bar and application/toolbar unit support (application/toolbar unit frame – not hitch). Welding the flat mounting bar to toolbar support is not allowed.
- Single bolted connection between the double swivel bracket assembly and flat bar. This bolted connection must not to be connected to the application/toolbar unit support.
"Musts" for Other Components and Items Installed on and Around BACD:
- Bleed valves on both sides of BA coupler.
- 350-400 psi/NH3 rated hydrostat/rain cap when withdrawal hose is mounted on the toolbar and not the nurse tank.
- Discharge “jumper” hose must be long enough to allow full movement and separation of BA coupler-see manufacturer specs.
- Toolbar components and components in assembly with the BA coupler must not impede the operation of the BA coupler.
- Display manufacturer model specific connection and disconnection instructions to be readily visible near the BACD.
- Parker-Pioneer requires both the aluminum ring around the BACD and the instruction decal posted near the BACD.
Recommended placement of BA coupler:
- Position BA coupler as close as possible over the toolbar/nurse tank hitch connection point.
- Position BA coupler at least 24 inches above the toolbar/nurse tank hitch connection point during field application. The goal of the last two recommendations is for maintaining consistent hose length through turns, free from entanglement.