The resources on this web page are designed to help you to determine ag lime use and understand ag lime analysis information.
Do I need ag lime? How much should I use on my field?
- Lime Needs in Minnesota, Minnesota Extension Service
- Ag Lime Recommendations in Pounds of ENP per Acre (PDF)
- New Research Shows Increased Yield with Liming Treatments, Minnesota Extension Service
- What is a Balanced Fertilizer Program?
- Soil Cation Ratios for Crop Production, Minnesota Extension Service
Understanding Ag Lime Analysis & Label Information
- Agricultural Liming Material Analysis - Determining Quality and Value (PDF)
- Lime Analysis Results from Certified Ag Lime Producers
- Distribution Label Requirements (PDF)
What type of ag-lime material should I use?
- The Magnesium Hoax
- Dolomite or Calcitic Ag Lime: What’s Best? Author: Tim Wagar, Former Regional Minnesota Extension Educator
- Liming Materials for Minnesota Soils, Minnesota Extension Service
- Guidelines – Land Application of By-Product Limes, Minnesota Pollution Control Agency