The AGRI Urban Agriculture Grant Program encourages urban youth agricultural education and urban agriculture community development within city limits of urban or peri-urban areas.
The following groups are eligible to apply:
- For-profit businesses
- Non-profit organizations
- Local government entities
- Native American tribal communities
Eligible grant projects include the purchase and installation of equipment; capital expenditures (costs incurred to make physical improvements to or construct a facility); and/or dedicated staff contractor time. Projects must be located in or serve communities that meet one of the following criteria:
- Cities with a population over 10,000, or
- Cities with a population between 5,000 and 10,000, where at least ten percent of the population is living at or below 200 percent of the poverty line and/or at least ten percent of the population is comprised of people of color and/or Native American tribal community members as determined by the United States Census Bureau, or
- Located within the boundaries of federally recognized tribal land and serving tribal community members, regardless of population size. You'll find a list of eligible cities and tribal areas in the Request for Proposals.
The application period is now open. All applications must be received by 4:00 Central Time on Thursday, January 14, 2021.
Read the full Request for Proposals (PDF) and apply online. If you need the application in an alternative format, contact the program administrator.