The AGRI Urban Agriculture Grant Program encourages urban youth agricultural education and urban agriculture community development within the city limits of urban or peri-urban areas.
The following groups are eligible to apply:
- For-profit businesses
- Non-profit organizations
- Local government entities
- Native American tribal communities
Eligible grant projects include the purchase and installation of equipment; capital expenditures (costs incurred to make physical improvements to or construct a facility); and/or dedicated staff contractor time. Projects must be located in or serve communities that meet one of the following criteria:
- Cities with a population over 5,000, or
- Located within the boundaries of federally recognized tribal land and serving tribal community members, regardless of population size.
You'll find a list of eligible cities and tribal areas in the Request for Proposals.
A total of $551,000 is available in Fiscal Year 2023. Applicants may request between $2,500 and $50,000 per project. A cash match is not required.
Applications are due by 4:00 p.m. Central Time on Thursday, January 12, 2023.
- Read the full AGRI Urban Agriculture Request for Proposals (PDF) for eligibility and requirements and apply online.
- If you are a new user, you will need to create an account. Once you are logged in, select AGRI Urban Agriculture Grant FY23.
Contact us if you need the application in an alternative format. You can also view our list of past projects and request a copy of an application to help you prepare.