Do you grow fresh fruits, vegetables, and herbs and sell them at farmers' markets?
Are you looking for a way to increase sales and reach new customers?
Farmers provide fresh, unprocessed, locally grown fruits, vegetables, and herbs that are at the core of both the Senior Farmers' Market Nutrition Program (SFMNP) and Women, Infants & Children (WIC) Farmers' Market Nutrition Program (FMNP) (together known as S/FMNP). At the same time, S/FMNP participants learn about farmers' markets and how to buy fresh products from local farmers.
If you grow fresh fruits and vegetables, sell them at farmers' markets, and want to increase sales and reach new customers, read more about becoming an Authorized Vendor for the S/FMNP below. Due to limited funding, we can only offer these programs in a limited number of areas – ask your market manager if your market participates in these programs.
Requirements for Farmers
To be eligible to become an Authorized Vendor, you must:
- Grow the items that you sell
- Sell fresh, unprocessed fruits, vegetables, or herbs
- Sell your items at an Authorized Farmers' Market
- Be a resident of Minnesota or a neighboring state
Requirements for Authorized Vendors
To be eligible to sell produce to S/FMNP participants, you must:
- Determine that you sell fresh, unprocessed fruits, vegetables, and herbs at an Authorized Farmers' Market
- Attend one of our Minnesota Department of Agriculture (MDA) Vendor Training Sessions
- Note: If you were an authorized vendor in the previous season, you don't need to retake the vendor training.
- Complete a Vendor Authorization Agreement (only available by attending a Vendor Training Session)
- New vendors will receive a link to the online Vendor Authorization Agreement once they have completed the Vendor Training Session.
- Returning vendors will receive an email invitation annually with a link to the online Vendor Authorization form.
- Have an Authorization Letter from the MDA
NOTE: You are NOT an Authorized Vendor until you receive your Authorization Letter from the MDA. Authorization materials will be sent out between May 1 and June 15. If you haven't received your Authorization Letter by June 15, contact the MDA.
In late February, we will email an invitation to renew your authorization online. If you were an Authorized Vendor last year and have not received your renewal invitation by March 12, 2021, please contact us.
REMEMBER: You must be reauthorized every year to continue to accept S/FMNP checks.