AGRI Farm to School Grants support Minnesota school districts that want to process and serve Minnesota agricultural products. Grants are intended to:
- Help create plans that identify specific equipment, tools, training, or policies that school districts need
- Help schools buy equipment they need to buy, prepare, and serve more Minnesota grown and raised food
Does your school need a place to store milk and dairy products? Apply for an AGRI Milk Cooler Grant.
The following groups are eligible to apply:
- public or private schools or school districts
- economic development organizations
- non-profit organizations
- educational service cooperatives
We encourage Early Care and Education organizations to apply for the AGRI Farm to Early Care and Education Grant.
There are two kinds of AGRI Farm to School Grants:
- Planning Grants help early care and education organizations create plans that identify specific equipment, tools, training, or policies needed to encourage the purchase, preparation, and serving Minnesota grown and raised food.
- Equipment Purchase and Physical Improvement Grants help early care and education organizations purchase equipment and update relevant infrastructure to allow for the increase purchase, preparation, and serving of Minnesota grown and raised food.
- Planning Grants provide up to 75 percent of the total project costs. Awards can range from $1,000 to $30,000. Recipients must cover the remaining 25 percent of the project as a cash match.
- Equipment Purchase and Physical Improvement Grants cover up to 50 percent of the total project costs. Awards can range from $1,000 to $50,000. Recipients must cover the remaining 50 percent as a cash match.
Applications are due no later than 4:00 pm CST on Thursday, November 1, 2018.
Read the full Request for Proposals (PDF) and apply online. If you need the application in an alternative format, contact the program administrator. You can also view examples of a completed Planning Grant Application (PDF) and a completed Equipment Grant Application (PDF).