Check out our new Farm to School funding opportunities:
Sign up for the Farm to School in Minnesota quarterly newsletter to find about this grant and other opportunities.
Details on this page apply to the previous round of funding.
We encourage Early Care and Education organizations to apply for the AGRI Farm to Early Care and Education Grant.
AGRI Farm to School Grants support Minnesota school districts that want to process and serve Minnesota agricultural products. Grants are intended to:
- Help create plans that identify specific equipment, tools, training, or policies that school districts need
- Help schools buy equipment they need to buy, prepare, and serve more Minnesota grown and raised food
The following groups are eligible to apply:
- public or private schools or school districts
- economic development organizations
- non-profit organizations
- educational service cooperatives
There are two kinds of AGRI Farm to School Grants:
- Planning Grants help early care and education organizations create plans that identify specific equipment, tools, training, or policies needed to encourage the purchase, preparation, and serving Minnesota grown and raised food.
- Equipment Purchase and Physical Improvement Grants help early care and education organizations purchase equipment and update relevant infrastructure to allow for the increase purchase, preparation, and serving of Minnesota grown and raised food.
- Planning Grants provide up to 75 percent of the total project costs. Awards can range from $1,000 to $30,000. Recipients must cover the remaining 25 percent of the project as a cash match.
- Equipment Purchase and Physical Improvement Grants cover up to 50 percent of the total project costs. Awards can range from $1,000 to $50,000. Recipients must cover the remaining 50 percent as a cash match.
We expect the next application period to begin in fall of 2020; updated program materials will be posted at that time.
To learn more about how the program works, read the last year's Request for Proposals (PDF). This grant program is subject to change so you should read the updated RFP when it's posted.
If you need the application in an alternative format, contact the program administrator.