Most shared commercial kitchens provide equipment like stainless steel tables, walk-in cooler & freezer, ice machine, commercial dishwasher & sinks, range & oven, stand mixer, food processor, slicer, pots & pans, and other small kitchenware.
|Location||Kitchen Name (click for detailed information)||Comments|
|Bemidji, MN||Harmony Cooperative Community||Kitchen also doubles as a classroom.|
|Delano, MN||Delano Senior Center Commercial Kitchen||Lots of potential. Easy load-in and load-out.|
|Dent, MN||Lakeside Camp||Dining room that seats 150 – great for demonstrations & seminars.|
|Falcon Heights, MN||The Good Acre||Offers access to local produce through its network of small farmers. Has cold/freezer storage for rent.|
|Fargo, ND||Square One Kitchens||Rental by hour – pay only for the time you need.|
|Finland, MN||Clair Nelson Community Center||New facility with kitchen certified by Lake County Health Department.|
|Gonvick, MN||Gonvick Community Commercial Kitchen||Kitchen and dining apace available for caterers, private parties, or teachers.|
|Hamel, MN||Countryside Catering||Medium sized kitchen looking for an additional vendor to rent certified space.|
|Hibbing, MN||Iron Range Makerspace LLC||500+ sq ft kitchen. A great place to test out new product ideas.|
|Little Falls, MN||Sprout||Opened in 2017 – available to food entrepreneurs of various scales and schedules.|
|Maplewood, MN||Waters Edge Commercial Kitchen||Large shared commercial kitchen with easy access to the metro. Located at Hwy 36 and Hwy 61.|
|Minneapolis, MN||City Food Studio||Centrally located shared kitchen – collaborate with 30+ food start-ups; separate licensed dairy processing room.|
|Minneapolis, MN||Commercial Kitchen||Offers total use of kitchen to one entity after 2 pm weekdays & entire weekend.|
|Minneapolis, MN||Kindred Kitchen||24-hour access with personalized pin pad entry, online scheduling, accepts credit card payments through PayPal.|
|Minneapolis, MN||Kitchen in the Market||Located in Midtown Global Market.|
|Minneapolis, MN||Provision Community Restaurant||Convenient location near Lyn/Lake area.|
|Minneapolis, MN||Seward Makes||3,700 sq ft shared commercial kitchen/retail space in the heart of the Seward neighborhood. Staffed retail with soft serve ice cream.|
|Pemberton, MN||Main Street Plaza||Community room and gym rental also available.|
|Plymouth, MN||MSP Kitchenery||Completely remodeled, fantastic location, premier kitchen, large cooler/freezer and dry goods storage space.|
|Saint Paul, MN||George Street Kitchen||Easy access to downtown St. Paul & Highway 52.|
|Saint Paul, MN||GIA Kitchen||Gluten and peanut-free facility. Spacious, clean kitchen set up for efficient work flow, 24/7 access.|
|Saint Paul, MN||Kitchen On The Bluff||Newly renovated former commercial bakery with 1,400 sq. ft. commercial preparation space.|
|Saint Paul, MN||Minnesota Foodcrafters||Perfect for mid-tier food manufacturers.|
|Sauk Rapids, MN||Mixin' It Up Gluten Free Bakery & Rental Kitchen||100 percent Gluten-Free. Available for one-time rentals or on-going business partnerships.|
|South Saint Paul, MN||Famfare Kitchen||Opened March 2019. Great space for catering, bakers, and start-up food entrepreneurs.|
* If you know about a commercial kitchen in Minnesota that is not listed here, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This list and information are provided as a service to small Minnesota food makers; the MDA is not responsible for the actions of and does not endorse any of these entities.
- Stainless steel working surfaces, high-temp dishwasher, food prep sink, 3-compartment pot & pan sink, 2-oven commercial stove with flat-top grill and six burners, commercial microwave oven. New facility with Lake County Health Department certified kitchen.
- 4,000 sq ft kitchen; 17 prep tables; two convection ovens; 6-burner stove, 80, 30 & 5 qt mixers; 24/7 access; walk-in cooler storage; storefront for pick-up/sales; separate room licensed as dairy plant.
Contact: Jeff Sprinkel, 612-202-1554, email@example.com
- 3,500 sq ft kitchen with two 8-burner gas ranges, two upright gas double ovens, two large Hobart mixers, bread sheeter, two Proof boxes, Hobart meat slicer, 3-bin sink, two handwashing sinks, vegetable sink/prep area, two large walk-in coolers (approx. 300 sq ft), large walk-in freezer, dry goods area, several stainless tables, miscellaneous kitchen utensils & bowls. Looking for one other entity to have exclusive use of the kitchen after 2 pm Monday–Friday and all day Saturday & Sunday. Not interested in multiple users. No extra charges. One fee for use of entire facility. Conveniently located on Central Ave. 1.8 miles from Downtown Minneapolis Post Office. Licensed.
- Double stack convection oven, 4 ft flat top grill, 6-burner stove, double stack steamer, dishwasher, 3 compartment sink, 2 compartment prep sink, 6-8 ft stainless prep tables, ample walk in fridge and freezer space.
- Stainless steel working surfaces, six-burner range, 24" griddle, convection oven, three-compartment sink, 20-quart mixer, and more. Lots of potential. Easy load-in and load-out. Available year-round.
- 2,000 sq ft facility with four designated work areas and large center-island shared work space. Equipment includes double stack convection ovens, 6 top range with oven, 40G tilt skillet, deep fryer, walk in refrigerator and walk in freezer. Flex work space with seating and retail possibilities. Great space for catering, bakers and start-up food entrepreneurs.
George Street Kitchen
285 George Street, St. Paul MN 55107
- 6-burner stove top w/oven, four convection ovens, veggie prep sink/table, 3-compartment dish washing sink, many stainless table tops, walk-in refrigerator, freezers, meat slicer. Access to lobby area for meeting with clients, breaks, etc.
- State-of-the-art, stand-alone, 4,800 sq ft commercial kitchen with on-site parking. Gluten and peanut free facility, 24/7 access. A spacious, clean kitchen set up for efficient work flow with multiple mixers, double rack ovens, stack convection ovens, 6-burner stove, 4 stock pot stoves, steam kettle, vegetable sinks, walk-in coolers, walk-in freezer, temperature/humidity-controlled room, warehouse with pallet & rack storage, fork lift available. Supportive community environment. Currently not accepting applications from food trucks or caterers.
- Commercial kitchen space is available for beginning food entrepreneurs, caterers, product manufacturers or food truck operators. On site dining space available. Certified staff and training is available.
- Tri-Star 6-burner gas range & oven, commercial convection oven, 60 qt mixer, 3 qt robot coup, commercial refrigerator, 3-deep dishwashing sink, commercial steam kettle, stainless steel soup pots, skillets, sauce pans, etc., fully equipped with cutlery, plates, bowls, knives, color-coded cutting boards, chef's knives. Also doubles as a classroom and has four 8 ft long tables & 50 chairs.
- Membership-based 500+ sq ft kitchen. Includes a 60" gas range and multiple prep tables that can be moved around as applications require. A great place to test out new product ideas. The makerspace also has support staff available to help with business plans and business coaching among many other areas of expertise.
- 6-burner ranges, stacked convection ovens, fryer, tilt skillet, 20 & 60 qt mixers, automatic commercial dishwasher, sinks, refrigerators, freezers, hot-hold ovens, meat slicer, prep counters, dry storage areas, ice machine use. 24-hr access with personalized pin pad entry, security with cameras, private parking, online scheduling, dishwasher & triple sink sanitation chemicals, garbage liners, hand soap, bar towels, aprons, hair nets, gloves, garbage, recycling & grease pick-up, dumping grey water, electricity, water, gas, monthly invoicing, accept credit card payments through PayPal. Weekly info sessions and onsite tour Tuesdays at 10:00 a.m.
- Two 6-burner ranges, two conventional ovens, four convection ovens, charbroiler, tilting skillet, 30 qt stand mixer, dishwasher, walk-in cooler, dry storage, basic supplies, loading dock access & more. Also available if needed: contract parking, additional dry or refrigerated storage. Located in Midtown Global Market. Year-long leases required.
- Former commercial bakery with 1,400 sq ft commercial preparation space. Six stainless steel table prep areas, walk-in oven, blast chiller, 60 qt steam kettle, two induction ovens, 4 gas burner and 2 gas burner range, 15 qt steam skillet, walk-in cooler & freezer, 20 qt & 60 qt hobart mixers, shareware. Storage in a basement available for tents, tables, coolers and non-food equipment. Compost services & linen services provided. The LEDC also offers small business financing consulting, loans & business education. Community room available for events. 24 hour access and video security system installed.
Contact: Richard or Marsha Wieler, 218-758-2777, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ovens, fryer, steam kettle, all equipment you might need. Freezer & refrigerator available. Dining room that seats 150 – great for demonstrations and seminars! Not available during summer (June-August).
- 4-burner range, 2 ovens, griddle, deep fat fryer, refrigerator, freezer, 3 deep dishwashing sink, dishwasher, meat slicer, commercial mixer, stainless steel prep tables, and security access building. Community Room and Gym also available for rent.
Contact: Martha Glass, 612-386-3111, email@example.com
865 Pierce Butler Route, St. Paul MN 55104
- Large, shared kitchen (approx. 5,000 sq ft) plus large warehouse & office area (total: approx. 11,500 sq ft). Includes ranges, ovens, mixers, tilting skillet, steam kettle, stockpot burners, automatic dishwasher, walk-in refrigeration, freezers, liquid filling machine, dry filling machine, office space availability, event kitchen, and separate storage area for each business. With loading docks for deliveries and warehouse space for storage, the kitchen is organized for growing businesses.
- 100% Gluten-Free Commercial Kitchen. Available for one-time rentals or on-going business partnerships. All products and all ingredients brought into kitchen must be Gluten-Free. We offer affordable & customized pricing options, creative collaboration, and retail space to sell your product. We offer specialized baking equipment, double convection oven, 6 burner stove & standard oven, 35 lb fryer, industrial mixers, walk-in cooler, multiple prep tables, freezers, speed racks, storage space, and more!
- Newly renovated & conveniently located directly off Hwy 169 & 36th Ave N. Plenty of stainless steel working surfaces with different spaces/rooms. Two 2-compartment prep sinks, 3-compartment wash sink, multiple stack convection ovens, 6-burner stove, multiple Hobart mixers, robotcoupe food processor, walk in cooler/freezer, ice machine, ample storage, storefront/office for client meetings, 24/7 secure access, surveillance cameras, online reservation system, off/on street parking. Currently not accepting applications for caterers; focused on product makers. Most importantly, a fun & vibrant space to work!
- 4000 sq ft building. Kitchen includes gas ranges, convection ovens, cooling racks, mixers, sheet racks, 3-bin sink, hand washing sinks, large walk-in coolers, walk-in freezer, dry goods area, several stainless tables, miscellaneous kitchen utensils and bowls. Storage, office space, and off street parking available. Code for access. Convenient location in Minneapolis near Lyn/Lake area.
Contact: Joe Silberschmidt, 612-356-2195, firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3700 sq. ft. shared commercial kitchen/retail space. Rotating 20-rack Revent oven, 10-top range with 2 commercial ovens, prep space, dry/cooler/freezer storage. Free parking, 24/7 secure access. Designed and managed by 2 seasoned makers to give food artisans and producers a dedicated production and storage space. Entrepreneurial community that fosters an atmosphere of shared mentorship and success. Our fully-staffed retail space gives tenants an opportunity for immediate sale of their products. In Spring 2020, the Seward Makes Soft Serve Cafe will open to attract a high-volume of foodie shoppers and will feature ingredients and menu add-ons sourced directly from our makers. Makers only, no food trucks or caterers.
- 60" range (two commercial sized ovens, six burners, 24" flat top), 5-rack convection oven, 20 qt mixer, 6 qt mixer, food processor, deli slicer, full size baking sheets, ice machine. Rental by the hour so businesses can start-up without major overhead expenses – pay only for the time you need. Dishwashing and some storage (dry, cooler, freezer) facilities available. Also offer assistance in starting up the legal side of a food business.
- 900 sq ft kitchen area divides into a demo and processing kitchen for multiple renters at one time. Dry, cooler and freezer storage. Event space for up to 450 guests. 24-hour secure access, surveillance and ample free parking. Equipped with two 6-burner restaurant ranges, one convection oven, two standard/gas/non-convection ovens, seven 6-foot stainless steel work tables, two reach-in refrigerators, one reach-in freezer, one 3-compartment dish sink, two 2-compartment food processing sinks, two digital tabletop scales and two digital pricing scales, and a variety of other equipment and small wares. A 435 sq ft produce prep area with two 4-compartment produce sinks is also available.
- The kitchen is equipped with a range of smallware, three produce washing sinks, 24 burners of range space, six standard/gas/non-convection ovens, and one 6-foot and one 8-foot stainless steel table. Dry storage shelving and ample cooler/freezer space available by shelf or pallet. Alarm system with 24-hour surveillance and guest access, alongside easy on-site parking.
Waters Edge Commercial Kitchen
Contact: DJ, 612-875-8528, email@example.com
1064 Gervais Avenue, Maplewood MN 55109
- Renovation and expansion have opened up an opportunity for a single entity needing over 400 sq ft of space and a lot of time. 6 PM to 6 AM availability 7 days a week; open space to bring in your own equipment and set up under our fire suppression system (September 2019).
Perfect place to set up a test kitchen without investing in a lot of equipment; we hope you start with us and grow to take more available space. 5,000 sq ft kitchen for wholesale producers. Multi-prep and packaging areas with stainless steel tables; stackable convection ovens, stockpot gas stove, tilt skillet, walk-in coolers and freezers, 24/7 coded access. Common areas include break room, ADA restrooms, conference table area, onsite parking, and semi height loading dock. Kitchen is already MDA approved, but each business needs to be able to secure its own MDA wholesale food production license. Short term leases available; office space is also available for rent.