Shared commercial kitchens (also commonly referred to as shared-use, community, or incubator kitchens) rent space to food producers.
These spaces allow individuals and businesses, especially start-up and small-scale food producers, to use commercial kitchen equipment and be licensed there to produce food for the public (subject to regulatory approval). Shared kitchens offer the equipment and spaces usually required for a food license, such as approved surfaces, stainless steel tables, refrigeration, warewashing facilities, handwashing sinks, range and oven, pots and pans, and other equipment.
If you are an individual or business producing food for the public, you need your own license at the kitchen from the appropriate food regulatory agency. The agency and license type depend on the kind of food made, who it will be sold to, and the location of the kitchen. Visit our Food Licenses page to learn more.
We list these shared commercial kitchens as a service to small Minnesota food makers. They operate independently from the MDA, so contact them directly for information about their use requirements. If you want to start your own shared commercial kitchen, contact our Licensing Liaison at MDA.FoodLicensingLiaison@state.mn.us or 651-201-6081.
|Location||Kitchen Name (click for detailed information)||Comments|
|Bemidji||Harmony Cooperative Community||Kitchen also doubles as a classroom.|
|Delano||Delano Senior Center Commercial Kitchen||Lots of potential. Easy load-in and load-out.|
|Dent||Lakeside Camp||Dining room that seats 150 – great for demonstrations and seminars.|
|Eden Prairie||Grace Church Kitchen||Large kitchen in the southwest metro area to help you take your food business to the next level.|
|Falcon Heights||The Good Acre||Offers access to local produce through its network of small farmers. Has cold and freezer storage for rent.|
|Fargo (North Dakota)||Square One Kitchens||Rental by the hour – pay only for the time you need.|
|Finland||Clair Nelson Community Center||New facility with kitchen certified by Lake County Health Department.|
|Gonvick||Gonvick Community Commercial Kitchen||Kitchen and dining space available for caterers, private parties, or teachers.|
|Hibbing||Iron Range Makerspace LLC||500+ square foot kitchen. A great place to test out new product ideas.|
|Hopkins||Hopkins Activity Center||Kitchen available to rent for one-time or as a contract tenant.|
|Little Falls||Sprout||A non-profit food hub with a shared commercial kitchen makes sourcing local ingredients convenient.|
|Maplewood||Waters Edge Commercial Kitchen||Now gluten-free. Large shared commercial kitchen and bakery with convenient metro access.|
|Minneapolis||City Food Studio||Centrally located shared kitchen – collaborate with 30+ food start-ups; separate licensed dairy processing room.|
|Minneapolis||Kindred Kitchen||24-hour access with personalized pin pad entry, online scheduling, accepts credit card payments through PayPal.|
|Minneapolis||Nicollet Kitchen||Space available Sunday, Monday, and after 4:00 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday.|
|Minneapolis||Provision Community Restaurant||Convenient location near Lyn/Lake area.|
New space. Available from 6:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. daily.
|Pemberton||Main Street Plaza||Community room and gym rental also available.|
|Plymouth||MSP Kitchenery||Completely remodeled premier kitchen focused on product makers – a fun and vibrant space to work!|
|Ramsey||Twin Cities Kitchen Works||Built for production – large cooler and freezer storage, warehouse space, single and 3-phase power, parking, new drive-in door and loading dock.|
|Rochester||The Kitchen at Channel One||Used for food education courses and rentals for businesses and community members.|
|Saint Paul||George Street Kitchen||Easy access to downtown St. Paul and Highway 52.|
|Saint Paul||GIA Kitchen||Spacious, clean kitchen set up for efficient workflow, 24/7 access.|
|Saint Paul||Minnesota Foodcrafters||Perfect for mid-tier food manufacturers.|
|Saint Paul||MSP Kitchenery||Newly added premier kitchen focused on product makers – a fun and vibrant space to work!|
|Sauk Rapids||Mixin' It Up Gluten Free Bakery & Rental Kitchen||100% gluten-free. Available for one-time rentals or on-going business partnerships.|
|South Saint Paul||Famfare Kitchen||Opened March 2019. Great space for catering, bakers, and start-up food entrepreneurs.|
This list and information are provided as a service to small Minnesota food makers; the MDA is not responsible for the actions of and does not endorse any of these entities.
Detailed kitchen listings
Channel One Regional Food Bank - The Community Kitchen
Contact: 507-287-2350, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Licensed commercial kitchen with a convection oven, 6-burner stove, stand mixer, refrigerator, freezer, food storage, pots, pans, and basic utensils.
City Food Studio
Contact: Journey Gosselin, 612-598-5903, email@example.com
- 4,000 square foot kitchen; 17 prep tables; two convection ovens; 6-burner stove; 80-, 30-, and 5-quart mixers; 24/7 access; walk-in cooler storage; storefront for pick-up and sales; separate room licensed as dairy plant.
Clair Nelson Community Center
Contact: Nancy Olson or Marc Smith, 218-353-0300/218-353-7536, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stainless steel working surfaces, high-temp dishwasher, food prep sink, 3-compartment pot and pan sink, 2-oven commercial stove with flat-top grill and six burners, commercial microwave oven. New facility with Lake County Health Department certified kitchen.
Delano Senior Center Commercial Kitchen
Contact: Linda Van Lith, 763-972-0574, email@example.com
234 2nd Street N, Delano MN 55328
- Stainless steel working surfaces, 6-burner range, 24-inch griddle, convection oven, 3-compartment sink, 20-quart mixer, and more. Lots of potential. Easy load-in and load-out. Available year-round.
Contact: Matt Mehaffey, 612-361-9850, firstname.lastname@example.org
1539 5th Avenue S, South Saint Paul MN 55075
- 2,000 square foot facility with four designated work areas and large center-island shared workspace. Equipment includes double-stack convection ovens, 6-burner range with oven, 30G tilt skillet, deep fryer, walk-in refrigerator, and walk-in freezer. Flex workspace with seating and retail possibilities. Great space for catering, bakers, and start-up food entrepreneurs.
George Street Kitchen
285 George Street, St. Paul MN 55107
- 6-burner stovetop with oven, four convection ovens, veggie prep sink and table, 3-compartment dishwashing sink, many stainless table tops, walk-in refrigerator, freezers, meat slicer. Access to lobby area for meeting with clients, breaks, etc.
955 Mackubin Street, St. Paul MN 55117
- Under new management. 4,800 square foot state-of-the-art commercial kitchen with brand new equipment, various prep spaces, a warehouse with a forklift, and a community office to holistically service food businesses of all sizes.
Gonvick Community Commercial Kitchen
Contact: Clear Waters Life Center office, 218-776-2789 or 218-487-5290, email@example.com
226 Elm Street, Gonvick MN 56644
- Commercial kitchen space is available for beginning food entrepreneurs, caterers, product manufacturers, or food truck operators. On-site dining space available. Certified staff and training are available.
Grace Church Kitchen
Contact: Merae Meek, 952-224-3211, Kitchen@Grace.Church
9301 Eden Prairie Road, Eden Prairie MN 55347
- Large, premier commercial kitchen with multiple stainless steel work stations and sinks, seven ovens, steamer, two walk-in coolers plus a large walk-in freezer, 10-burner range, grill, griddle, fryer, ice machine, commercial dishwasher, online reservation system, plentiful parking, long-term parking available. Photos on the website; all tours or meetings must be by appointment. Looking forward to hearing from you!
Harmony Cooperative Community Kitchen
Contact: Lisa Weiskopf, 218-751-2009 ext 111, firstname.lastname@example.org
302 Irvine Ave NW, Bemidji MN 56601
- Tri-Star 6-burner gas range and oven, commercial convection oven, 60-quart mixer, 3-quart robot coup, commercial refrigerator, 3-deep dishwashing sink, commercial steam kettle, stainless steel soup pots, skillets, saucepans, etc. Fully equipped with cutlery, plates, bowls, knives, color-coded cutting boards, chef's knives. Also doubles as a classroom and has four 8-foot long tables and 50 chairs.
Hope Springs at Minnetonka
Contact: Jeff Sprinkel, 952-474-4474x1, email@example.com
- Brand new commercial kitchen space, approximately 550 square feet. Large vented hood, Rational oven, griddle, mixers, stainless prep area, dishwasher, 3-bin sink, reach in cooler and freezers. Commercial grade, NSF equipment. Dry good storage and parking available. Monthly rental; minimum six months. No daily or hourly rentals.
Hopkins Activity Center
Contact: Beth Kivett, 952-939-1333, ActivityCenter@hopkinsmn.com
33 14th Avenue N, Hopkins MN 55343
- Full industrial kitchen that can be rented by the hour for events or contracted by the month. Equipment includes a 6-burner stovetop with convection ovens, lots of counter space, and cold and dry storage options available as space allows.
Iron Range Makerspace LLC
Contact: Andrew Hanegmon, 218-966-1192, firstname.lastname@example.org
704 West 41st Street, Hibbing, MN 55746
- Membership-based 500+ square foot kitchen. Includes a 60-inch gas range and multiple prep tables that can be moved around as applications require. A great place to test out new product ideas. The makerspace also has support staff available to help with business plans and business coaching among many other areas of expertise.
Contact: 612-588-7611, email@example.com
1200 West Broadway Avenue, Minneapolis MN 55411
- 6-burner ranges, stacked convection ovens, fryer, tilt skillet, 20- and 60-quart mixers, automatic commercial dishwasher, sinks, refrigerators, freezers, hot-hold ovens, meat slicer, prep counters, dry storage areas, ice machine use. 24-hour access with personalized pin pad entry, security with cameras, private parking, online scheduling, dishwasher and triple sink sanitation chemicals, garbage liners, hand soap, bar towels, aprons, hairnets, gloves, garbage, recycling and grease pick-up, dumping grey water, electricity, water, gas, monthly invoicing, accept credit card payments through PayPal. Weekly info sessions and onsite tour Tuesdays at 10:00 a.m.
Contact: Richard or Marsha Wieler, 218-758-2777, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ovens, fryer, steam kettle, all equipment you might need. Freezer and refrigerator available. Dining room that seats 150 – great for demonstrations and seminars! Not available during summer (June-August).
Main Street Plaza - City of Pemberton
Contact: City Clerk/Treasurer, 507-869-3650, email@example.com
- 4-burner range, two ovens, griddle, deep fat fryer, refrigerator, freezer, 3-deep dishwashing sink, dishwasher, meat slicer, commercial mixer, stainless steel prep tables, and security access building. Community room and gym also available for rent.
Contact: Martha Glass, firstname.lastname@example.org
865 Pierce Butler Route, St. Paul MN 55104
- Large, shared kitchen (approximately 5,000 square feet) plus large warehouse and office area (total: approximately 11,500 square feet). Includes ranges, ovens, mixers, tilting skillet, steam kettle, stockpot burners, automatic dishwasher, walk-in refrigeration, freezers, liquid filling machine, dry filling machine, office space availability, event kitchen, and separate storage area for each business. With loading docks for deliveries and warehouse space for storage, the kitchen is organized for growing businesses. Not accepting caterers or food trucks. No deep frying, fermenting, or nut grinding allowed. Email inquiries only – include business name, type of product, and what equipment is needed.
Mixin' It Up Gluten Free Bakery & Rental Kitchen
Contact: John Brinkman, 320-259-7105, email@example.com
- 100% gluten-free commercial kitchen. Available for one-time rentals or on-going business partnerships. All products and all ingredients brought into kitchen must be gluten-free. We offer affordable and customized pricing options, creative collaboration, and retail space to sell your product. We offer specialized baking equipment, double convection oven, 6-burner stove and standard oven, 35-pound fryer, industrial mixers, walk-in cooler, multiple prep tables, freezers, speed racks, storage space, and more!
Contact: Nikkolette Krumheuer, 651-334-8821, firstname.lastname@example.org
3425 Highway 169N, Plymouth MN 55441 and 919 Dale Street N, Saint Paul MN 55103
- Plymouth location is conveniently located directly off Highway 169 and 36th Avenue North. Plenty of stainless steel working surfaces with different spaces and rooms. Two 2-compartment prep sinks, 3-compartment wash sink, multiple stack convection ovens, 6-burner stove, multiple Hobart mixers, robotcoupe food processor, walk-in cooler and freezer, ice machine, ample storage, storefront and office for client meetings, 24/7 secure access, surveillance cameras, online reservation system, off- and on-street parking. Currently not accepting applications for caterers; focused on product makers.
- Saint Paul location is newly renovated and conveniently located directly off Dale Street North. Plenty of stainless steel working surfaces with different spaces/rooms. 3-compartment wash sinks, multiple stack convection ovens, 6-burner stove, 60-quart Hobart mixer, robotcoupe food processor, walk-in cooler and freezer, 24/7 secure access, surveillance cameras, online reservation system, off- and on-street parking. Currently not accepting applications for caterers or food trucks; focused on product makers.
Contact: Jami Olson, email@example.com
8,000 square foot commercial kitchen and bakery space in Minneapolis. Space available Sunday, Monday, and after 4:00 p.m. Tuesday to Saturday. Equipment includes three combi ovens, deck oven, walk-in refrigerator and freezer, dry storage, tilt skillet, Hobart mixer, fryers, blast chiller, reach-in refrigeration, ice machine, multiple stainless steel workspaces, two triple-sink areas plus full dish pit area. Other features include office space, off-street parking, alarm system, 24/7 access, and much more.
Provision Community Restaurant
Contact: Anna Wienke, 612-208-0461, firstname.lastname@example.org
2940 Harriet Avenue, Minneapolis MN 55408
- 4,000 square foot building. Kitchen includes gas ranges, convection ovens, cooling racks, mixers, sheet racks, 3-bin sink, hand washing sinks, large walk-in coolers, walk-in freezer, dry goods area, several stainless tables, miscellaneous kitchen utensils and bowls. Storage, office space, and off-street parking available. Code for access. Convenient location in Minneapolis near Lyn/Lake area.
Square One Kitchens
Contact: Casey Steele, 701-388-1137, email@example.com
- 60-inch range (two commercial-sized ovens, six burners, 24-inch flat top), 5-rack convection oven, 20-quart mixer, 6-quart mixer, food processor, deli slicer, full-size baking sheets, ice machine. Rental by the hour so businesses can start-up without major overhead expenses – pay only for the time you need. Dishwashing and some storage (dry, cooler, freezer) facilities available. Also offer assistance in starting up the legal side of a food business.
Contact: Cynthia Johnson, 320-412-3081, firstname.lastname@example.org
609 13th Avenue NE, Little Falls MN 56345
- Our 900 square foot kitchen area divides into a demo and processing kitchen for multiple renters at one time. Dry, cold, and freezer storage available by shelf or pallet. 24-hour secure access, surveillance, and ample free parking. Equipped with two 6-burner restaurant ranges, one convection oven, two standard gas non-convection ovens, seven 6-foot stainless steel work tables, two reach-in refrigerators, one reach-in freezer, one 3-compartment dish sink, two 2-compartment food processing sinks, digital tabletop scales and digital pricing scales, and a variety of other equipment and small wares. A 435 square foot produce prep area with two 4-compartment produce sinks is also available.
The Good Acre
Contact: Camille Mefleh, 651-493-7158, email@example.com
- The kitchen is equipped with a range of smallware, two produce washing sinks, a dishwasher, 16 burners of range space, four standard/gas/non-convection ovens, one 8-rack combi oven, one 20-gallon steam kettle, one 20-quart Hobart mixer, two Robot Coupe food processors, a small blast chiller, other small commercial appliances/equipment, and multiple 6-foot and 8-foot stainless steel tables. Dry storage shelving and ample cooler/freezer space available by shelf or pallet. Alarm system with 24-hour surveillance and guest access alongside easy on-site parking.
Twin Cities Kitchen Works
Contact: Joe Zimmerley, 763-442-7876, firstname.lastname@example.org
6139 US 10, Ramsey MN 55303
- We have all the logistics covered for local Minnesota producers: large kitchen areas with new equipment (prep tables, convection ovens, range, griddle, fryer, etc.); excellent storage capability (warehouse space, commercial racking, shelving areas); 900 square foot warehouse freezer, 145 square foot warehouse cooler, 135 square foot production cooler, and 75 square foot production freezer; electrical ready for commercial machinery with single and 3-phase power available; first-rate loading and receiving with a 10x10 foot drive-in loading door, new 6x12 foot loading dock and lift, abundant parking, and vehicle storage. Schedule a tour soon!
Waters Edge Commercial Kitchen
Contact: DJ, 612-875-8528, email@example.com
1064 Gervais Avenue, Maplewood MN 55109
- Gluten-free kitchen and bakery. 24/7 access; online scheduling. 6,000 square foot kitchen with multiple work areas conveniently located near Highway 36 and Highway 61. Multi-prep and packaging areas with stainless steel tables; stackable convection ovens, stockpot gas stove, tilt skillet, walk-in coolers, and freezers. Common areas include a breakroom, ADA restrooms, conference table area, onsite parking, and semi height loading dock. The kitchen is already MDA approved, but each business needs to be able to secure its own MDA wholesale food production license. Short term leases available; office space is also available for rent.