During this stop, you might:
- Establish a support system.
- Research the basics of financing and resources available.
- Consider other aspects of commercialization.
And work with:
- Economic Development Centers
- Business consultants
- University of Minnesota Extension
- Food advocacy organizations
- Educational institutions
Food Business Organizations
Food Business Basics
- 9 Things to Research Before Starting a Food Business (QuickBooks)
- Glossary of Wholesale Terminology (Shelf Life)
- Food Business for Entrepreneurs (PDF, University of Massachusetts)
Economic Development and Business Support
- African Development Center of Minnesota
- African Economic Development Solutions
- Asian Economic Development Association
- Community Reinvestment Fund
- Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development (DEED)
- Edible-Alpha® Insights Newsletter (Food Finance Institute)
- Latino Economic Development Center
- Metropolitan Economic Development Association
- Minnesota Indigenous Business Alliance
- Neighborhood Development Center
- Small Business Association Local Assistance Tool
- Northside Economic Opportunity Network
- University of Minnesota Duluth Center for Economic Development
- WeMN (Women Entrepreneurs of Minnesota)
Resources listed on this website do not constitute the MDA’s endorsement of a service, program, or organization. The MDA accepts no liability for the content of these resources.