In 2017, 76 acetochlor products were registered for sale in Minnesota. Example of certain products are given in Table 2. Twenty one were acetochlor-only products and 55 were "pre-mix" combination products of acetochlor and other herbicides (Table 1). Not all acetochlor products registered for sale in Minnesota actually end up being sold in the state. For example, in 2017 sales were reported on 36 of the 76 products registered.
Concentration of acetochlor in 2017 registered acetochlor products range from 20% to 75.9%. This is referred to as the active ingredient, or a.i., of an acetochlor product.
Minnesota registration information for acetochlor and other pesticide products is available through the Kelly Registration Systems or the National Pesticide Information Retrieval System. Examples of acetochlor product labels are available through the Crop Data Management Systems (CDMS). Note that pesticide product labels change over time. The only official product label is the label attached to the container of the pesticide being used.
The MDA collects pesticide sales data to provide long-term trends in pesticide use. Sales data should not be used as an indicator of pesticide use in a given year as product bought one year may be held over and used the following year or be returned unused to the distributor.
In 2017, over 6 million pounds of acetochlor active ingredient was sold in Minnesota (Figure 1). Thirty five percent of acetochlor sold in 2017 was acetochlor-only product and 65% was pre-mix combination products of acetochlor and another herbicide or herbicides.
|Acetochlor product formulation||Restricted Use Pesticide status||Number of Minnesota products|
|Acetochlor||No (see Note 1)||21|
|Acetochlor and atrazine||Yes||40|
|Acetochlor and fomesafen||No||1|
|Acetochlor and mesotrione||No||2|
|Acetochlor, mesotrione and clopyralid||No||1|
|Acetochlor, clopyralid and flumetsulam||No||11|
- If an acetochlor-only product is combined with a Restricted Use Pesticide such as atrazine, the combined product has Restricted Use Pesticide status.
- Not all acetochlor products registered for sale in Minnesota actually end up being sold in the state. For example, in 2017, 76 acetochlor products were registered for sale in Minnesota, but only 36 were actually sold.
- Information on pesticide products registered for use in Minnesota can be obtained from Kelly Registration Systems or the National Pesticide Information Retrieval System.
|Trade Name||Company||EPA Registration Number||Percent Acetochlor Content|
|Cadence NXT Herbicide||Loveland||34704-1083||75.9|
|DuPont Breakfree NXT Herbicide||Corteva||352-894||75.9|
|Harness Xtra 5.6L Herbicide||Bayer||524-485||33.4|
|Keystone LA NXT||Corteva||62719-670||46.3|
|Tremor NXT||Winfield Solutions||33270-23||75.9|
|TripleFlex II Herbicide||Bayer||524-614||41.67|
|Volley ATZ NXT||Tenkoz||62719-671-55467||33.4|
* Reference to commercial products or trade names is made with the understanding that no discrimination is intended and no endorsement is implied.
- This data represents sales in Minnesota reported to the MDA by pesticide manufacturers. It does not represent sales to end users.
- Pesticide sales do not always equate to pesticide use. Product bought one year may be held over and used in the following year or be returned unused back to the distributor.
- Information on pesticide sales in Minnesota.