In order to Apply or Renew a license online, we suggest you use Internet Explorer version 11 or higher, Firefox version 52 or higher, Safari version 10 or higher. We are currently experiencing issues with Google Chrome, version 57 and higher, and you may experience issues with this browser. All older browsers are currently not supported due to security issues with those browsers.

New license   |  Renew license   |  Pay invoice   |   File report


New License

I need to apply for a new license >

These are the licenses that you can apply for online:

  • Agricultural Liming Material
  • Chemigation Permit
  • Commercial Animal Waste Technician:
    • Applicators
    • Site Managers
    • Companies
  • Commercial Pesticide Applicator
  • Cottage Food Registration
  • Fertilizer
  • Manure Analysis Proficiency (MAP)
  • Manure Testing Certification
  • Minnesota Grown Labeling
  • Non-commercial Pesticide Applicator
  • Nursery Stock Certificate - Dealer or Grower
  • Pesticide Dealer
  • Private Pesticide Applicators
  • Retail, Wholesale or Manufactured Food Handler License
  • Soil Testing Certification
  • Structural Pest Control Applicator
  • Structural Pest Control Company
  • Tree Care Registry

Check the Forms & Applications web page for other new license application forms that may be available.

Renew License

I need to renew my license

Please note: An unsuccessful attempt to renew your license does not satisfy the statutory requirement of filing and paying the fee before the expiration of the license.

Private Pesticide Applicators renew here

File Report

I need to file an Agricultural Pesticide Sales Report >

I need to file a Shell Egg Annual Report >

Pay Invoice

I need to pay an invoice >

Visa, Mastercard, Discover credit card logos

Visa, Mastercard, Discover and e-check payments are accepted. See Help for Electronic Check Payments for help with checking account payments. A handling fee will be charged.

License fees are non-refundable.

  • Apply for a NEW License only if you are not yet licensed.
  • If you are eligible to RENEW an Existing License online, your renewal form will contain your pin number.
  • Invoices paid online must be paid in full. Questions should be directed to the person listed on your invoice.
  • To be eligible to file a report online, your report must contain a pin number.

When paying a licensing or other fee to MDA with your checking account ("e-check"), it is critical to keep track of your Payment ID in order to finalize your transaction with our banking partner. The Payment ID is a security measure.  It is randomly assigned by our licensing system and no one has access to it except you.  If you cancel at any point during your online application and restart the process, this number will change.

During the application process, the Payment ID# appears at approximately the third page of the process (depending on the license type). It will always be on the page with a chart of the license(s) you are applying for and the amounts due, at the point where the options are to "Add Another Item" or to "Enter Payment Information". The Payment ID # is just above the chart of the licenses you are applying for.  If you did not make note of the payment ID you have 2 options:

  1. Try the "Back" button on your internet browser. If your browser will allow you to back up to the page where you can retrieve the ID#, this is your best bet: you can retrieve your ID and proceed to re-enter payment information.
  2. If you cannot back up to the page with the Payment ID, then cancel the transaction, close your internet browser, and start from scratch. You will get a new Payment ID to work with.

The screen shot below shows an example licensing payment with the Payment ID circled.

Online Licensing & Payment System webpage screenshot

Have questions? Need help?

For questions or further help, please send your Minnesota Department of Agriculture license, certificate, or permit number and detailed question to the Core Data Coordinator at If your question is in regards to a Driver’s License, please visit the DMV website.