When assessing the fertilizer needs of your field, understanding the contents of both your soil and applied manure is helpful. Programs are in place to certify laboratories that offer testing.
Manure Analysis Proficiency (MAP) Program
Manure analysis is strongly recommended to help farmers know the value of manure applied to their crops in place of commercial fertilizer. Using manure in place of commercial fertilizer often results in increased crop yields, but accurate analysis of the manure is crucial.
- Manure Analysis Proficiency Laboratories
- Certified Manure Testing Laboratories
- Manure Testing Laboratory Certification Program FAQs
- Preparing samples for the MAP Program (PDF)
- MAP Program Proficiency Report - 2010 - Round 2 (PDF)