The AGRI Livestock Investment Grant encourages long-term industry development for Minnesota livestock farmers and ranchers by helping them improve, update, and modernize their livestock operation infrastructure and equipment.
Minnesota livestock farmers may apply. Applicants must be:
- in good standing with the state of Minnesota (no back taxes)
- a current Minnesota resident or a business entity that has authorization to farm in Minnesota
- the principal operator of the farm
NOTE: "Livestock" include beef cattle, dairy cattle, swine, poultry, goats, mules, bison, sheep, horses, farmed cervidae (deer), ratitae (flightless birds including emu), and llamas.
Grant funds can pay for the purchase, construction, or improvement of buildings or facilities for the production of livestock. This includes fencing, feeding equipment, and waste management equipment.
The grant will not pay for livestock, buying pasture/crop land, animal feed, crop seed, planters, combines, or debt refinancing.
A minimum investment of $4,000 is required.
- 10 percent of the first $250,000 of an eligible investment.
- For each project, the maximum grant amount available per year is $25,000.
- Only one grant per project.
- The lifetime maximum is $50,000.
- The 2019 Livestock Investment Grant will fund expenses invoiced and paid between January 1, 2019 and June 30, 2020.
Applications are due no later than 4:00 p.m. CST on December 15, 2018.