Best management practices (BMPs) are practices that are capable of protecting the environment while considering economic factors, availability, technical feasibility, ability to implement, and effectiveness.
The Minnesota Department of Agriculture is responsible for the development, promotion and evaluation of Best Management Practices (BMPs) for pesticide use, and provides information on best management practices related to environmental protection.
- Nitrogen Fertilizer BMPs for Agricultural Lands
- Fertilizer BMPs for Lawns and Golf Courses (Turfgrass)
- Pesticide Best Management Practices
- Pollinator Best Management Practices
- Turfgrass Best Management Practices