The Minnesota Department of Agriculture (MDA) will host 17 food companies at the Winter Fancy Food Show in San Francisco, January 21-23. The MDA’s Agricultural Growth, Research and Innovation (AGRI) New Markets cost-share program will provide discounted booth space, on-site support, and other services throughout the national specialty food event.
For burgeoning food and beverage companies, participating in national and international trade shows can help drive company growth by expanding distribution and growing sales. Participating in the AGRI New Markets Program reserves booth space at a discounted rate in the MDA's Minnesota Pavilions.
"Trade shows are largely relationship-building events," said Program Manager Brian Erickson, “and the companies we work with have reported significant successes in sales and distribution. Last year, the Minnesota companies that joined us at the Winter Fancy Food Show reported $1.3 million in projected sales, and several of them also connected with new distributors. With seventeen Minnesota companies, we’re the largest state pavilion at the show this year and we’re hoping to build on last year’s results.”
As the MDA's premiere food and beverage company development arm, the AGRI New Markets Program also provides support throughout trade shows to the small- to medium-sized food and beverage companies it serves. To foster additional networking at the Winter Fancy Food Show, the New Markets Program will partner with Grow North MN to host a Minnesota Mingle event in San Francisco. The Mingle will offer the opportunity for Minnesota Pavilion companies to meet and connect with Minnesota's growing and dynamic startup ecosystem including the large food and agriculture manufacturers, retailers, and broader food community that call Minnesota home.
These 17 innovative companies will join the MDA at the 2018 Winter Fancy Food Show:
- Seven Sundays, Minneapolis: muesli and muesli squares
- K-Mama Sauce, Minneapolis: authentic Korean hot sauce
- Dr. in the Kitchen – Flackers, Minneapolis: organic flax seed crackers
- Kay’s Naturals, Clara City: gluten-free snacks, sweets, and cereals
- Brody’s 579, St. Paul: certified gluten-free premade and dry baking mixes
- Acme Organics (Triple Crown BBQ), Minneapolis: vegan, USDA-certified organic BBQ sauce
- Dutch House Confections, Nelson: soft caramel candies
- The Amazing Chickpea, St. Louis Park: spreadable chickpea butter
- Crapola!, Ely: premium cranberry apple granola
- Kakookies, Minneapolis: grab-and-go, “better for you” cookies
- Henke Foods (Annie B’s/B.T. McElrath), Mahtomedi: handcrafted popcorn, caramels, and chocolates
- Krienke Foods (Pop’d Kerns), Mountain Lake: half-popped popcorn with a satisfying crunch
- Sweet Harvest Foods, Rosemount: custom blended honey and other natural sweeteners
- North Mallow, Minneapolis: all-natural, homemade marshmallows in a variety of flavors
- Way Better Snacks, Minneapolis: sprouted chips, crackers, and snacks
- PB Crave, Cannon Falls: flavored, natural peanut butter blends
- Midwest Elderberry Cooperative: elderberries and dried native elderflowers
The Winter Fancy Food Show is the largest specialty food and beverage show on the West Coast, with an anticipated crowd of 30,000 attendees.
For more information, including a list of upcoming trade show events, visit the AGRI New Markets Program website.
Alauna Yust, MDA Communications