The Minnesota Department of Agriculture (MDA) will host 11 Minnesota specialty food and beverage companies at the Winter Fancy Food Show in San Francisco, January 22-24. Through the MDA’s Agricultural Growth, Research, and Innovation (AGRI) New Markets Program, the companies will receive discounted booth space and on-site support at this national specialty food event.
“Minnesota’s family farmers and food producers are the backbone of our economy – contributing $90 billion and 340,000 jobs,” said Lt. Governor Tina Smith. “Minnesota’s AGRI grant program helps expand and diversify Minnesota's farm and food economy. I wish these Minnesota businesses the best of luck as they introduce their products to new customers around the world.”
Participating food companies will showcase their products to thousands of buyers and distributors with a goal of increasing sales.
"Tradeshows can be one of the most effective ways for food and beverage companies to start building relationships with potential buyers to help them grow their business," says MDA Agricultural Marketing Specialist Brian Erickson. "We've seen dozens of Minnesota companies meet buyers, increase distribution, and boost their sales through participation in Minnesota Pavilions."
The 11 innovative food and beverage companies comprising the Minnesota Pavilion are:
- Annie B’s/B.T. McElrath, popcorn, caramels, and chocolates
- Whole Me, nutrient-dense snack foods
- Joia Life, all natural sodas
- Bare Honey, pure honeys and flavored honey spreads
- Seven Sundays, muesli and muesli squares
- PB Crave, gourmet peanut butter
- Pop’d Kerns, all natural corn snacks
- Waymouth Farms, innovative snack foods
- Bee Free Honee, plant-based vegan honey
- Dashfire Bitters, handcrafted cocktail bitters
- K-Mama Sauce, Korean hot sauce
The Winter Fancy Food Show is the largest specialty food and beverage show on the West Coast, with an anticipated crowd of 30,000 attendees. For more information about the tradeshow, visit https://www.specialtyfood.com/shows-events/winter-fancy-food-show/.
To learn more about the AGRI New Markets Program and upcoming Minnesota Pavilion events, visit http://www.mda.state.mn.us/food/business/processedfoods.aspx.
Alauna Yust, MDA Communications