A group of 14 Minnesota food and beverage companies are headed to San Francisco to pitch local products at the Winter Fancy Food Show, the center of the specialty food universe, January 19-21, 2020.
The Minnesota Department of Agriculture (MDA) is helping these local brands gain visibility and exposure by clustering together in the MDA’s Minnesota Pavilion at the show, which attracts 1,400 specialty food companies from around the world.
This year, Minnesota candy manufacturer Maud Borup is among three finalists in a foodservice Front Burner Pitch event taking place at the show. Their pitch will be judged by food industry experts during the event.
“We’re very excited to be a part of the Minnesota Pavilion, and thrilled to be among the finalists for the Front Burner Pitch event,” said CEO Christine Lantinen. “The competition is great, and we’re thankful for the opportunity to bring home some hardware for Maud Borup and Team Minnesota!”
The 2020 Minnesota Pavilion at the Winter Fancy Food show includes:
- Maud Borup, Organic cotton candy, drink bombs
- Kakookies, Plant-based protein cookies
- Flackers, Flaxseed crisps
- Crapola, Functional granola
- Mama Kicks!, Sauces & marinades
- Double take Salsa, Unique salsa
- Daddy Sam's, BBQ sauces & seafood glaze
- The Amazing Chickpea, Chickpea-based spreads
- Maddy & Maize, Gourmet popcorn
- Curly Girlz Candy, Sugar-free candy
- Bare Honey, Infused Honey, Honey
- GRLK, Garlic sauce
- Hope Products, Coffee with a cause
- LUV Ice Cream, Sugar-free ice cream & candy
The MDA works with Minnesota food and beverage companies on business and market development. Our goal is to increase the use of Minnesota agricultural ingredients, create and protect jobs, and promote economic development in Minnesota’s agriculture and food sectors. Learn more about our New Market Program and follow the happenings at the Minnesota Pavilion during the Winter Fancy Food show.
Larry Schumacher, MDA Communications