• facebook
  • twitter
  • YouTube
  • RSS feed
  • 651-201-6000
  • 800-967-2474
  • 711 TTY
  • PARKING

NodeFire Save Document
Home > Grants, Loans & Financing > Grant Opportunities > AGRI Farm to Early Care and Education Grants

AGRI Farm to Early Care and Education Grants


Purpose

Support early care and education organizations in the processing of Minnesota agricultural products. Grants are intended to:

  • Create plans that identifies specific equipment, tools, training or policies needed by early care and education programs;
  • Purchase equipment to allow early care and education programs to purchase, prepare and serve more Minnesota grown and raised food.

Who's Eligible

Early care and education providers that are enrolled in Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP). See the Request for Proposals (RFP) for more detail.

**Are you a school or school district? We have a specific AGRI Farm to School grant program for you!**

What's Eligible and Amount Available

Eligible Projects:

  1. Planning Grants - Up to 75% of the total project cost may be covered by the grant, with a maximum grant award of $30,000 and a minimum grant award of $1,000. Recipients must contribute the remaining 25% of the project cost as a cash match. Blue Cross funds may NOT be used for planning grants.
  2. Equipment Purchases And Physical Improvement Grants - Up to 50% of the total project cost may be covered by the grant, with a maximum grant award of $50,000 and a minimum grant award of $1,000. Recipients must contribute the remaining 50% of the project cost as a cash match. Blue Cross funds may be used for this type of funding.

The MDA anticipates awarding up to $400,000 through the Farm Early Care and Education and Farm to School Grant Programs. The Center for Prevention at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota (Blue Cross) has committed up to $125,000 to help schools meet the requirement for matching funds for equipment or physical improvement projects.

See the RFP below for more detail.

Application Period

Proposals must be received no later than 4:00 PM on Thursday, November 16, 2017.

Link to Application

Apply online.

For instructions on how to register to apply, review this tutorial (PDF: 867 KB / 8 pages).
Request for Proposal (RFP) and Fillable Application (PDF: 340 KB / 14 pages)
** MAC Users: Please complete the form using Adobe Reader. **

See an example of a completed Farm to Early Care and Education application (PDF: 67 KB / 9 pages)

Frequently Asked Questions

All questions regarding the RFP should be submitted in writing to Lisa Sawyer at lisa.sawyer@state.mn.us. All questions received, along with the answers to those questions, will be posted on the FAQ page.

 

MDA Contact

Lisa Sawyer, Program Administrator
lisa.sawyer@state.mn.us, 651-201-6277

Ag Marketing & Development Division